Good Day Everyone
Today is Good Friday and this has always been a day when I have to pause and give thanks for this blessed life I live!
I am especially very thankful today for the gift of being nominated for the Liebster Award by an amazingly talented young man and brilliant blogger by the name of Nam H Nguyen!
I suggest you all read Nam’s blog which is called, ” Scratches and Scribbles”! Nam and I started blogging about the same time and I have followed his interesting work since then.
As part of being nominated for the award there are six easy rules to follow;
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
- Display the Award on your blog
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided from the blogger you were nominated by
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 1000 followers
Create your own set of questions for your nominations to answer
I will now respond to the questions that I have been asked by Nam
- When did you start blogging and why?
I just started blogging three weeks ago now with my first Blog Post being published on March 6th, 2016. I had been reading the blogs written on WordPress by a friend with great interest and one day my friend suggested I might want to write my own blog. The seed was planted! I sat down, started reading all the information on how to get started and setting up my blog page.
2. What did blogging teach you?
Blogging has taught me first to think. Blogging has taught me to use my imagination. I have also been reading many blogs written by others and enjoying their talent and imaginations as well. It has also taught me that anything is possible if we only try.
3. What would you do, if your blog went viral?
If my blog went viral, I would be very amazed but also would feel inspired to work a little harder. It would certainly be an event that I never would have dreamed of in a million years.
4. What is your favourite book and why?
My favourite book is called “Heaven Is Now”, written by Andrew Farley. I love this book! I believe one question that many of us have is, ‘what is Heaven going to be like?’. Well this book gives the reader many answers as imagined by this Christian author and pastor. If you’ve ever wondered what Jesus might say to you when you meet Him in Heaven, Andrew Farley gives you a wonderful explanation in words that we can understand and appreciate. I highly recommend that everyone read this fascinating book.
5. What is your favourite animal and why?
My favourite animal is a loving dog, although at the moment I have two cats instead of a dog!! A dog is so loyal yet so dependent on his owner. They are very intelligent and protective for the most part. If you are kind and loving to these wonderful animals they will reward you for a lifetime.
6. What do you do in your spare time and why?
In my spare time I love to be outside in my yard working in my flower beds or going for a walk. I have always loved walking for the exercise and the freedom of mind it gives me. I also love planting new flowers and maintaining the flower beds. Roses are my favourite plant to grow and I am always amazed at how hardy these beautiful plants are.
7. What do you work as and what did you always want to be?
I am now a retired lady, but still hold my license as a Registered Practical Nurse. I did work for a Home Health Care agency. I would go into homes and care for Palliative Care patients through the night so the family members could sleep. I always wanted to be a caregiver in some capacity.
8. If you had one place you could live, where would it be?
I have to say that I am happy to be living in Southern Ontario, Canada. The area I live in is peaceful and a beautiful part of the world. I just can’t imagine living anywhere else.
9. What is your favourite country?
Well, again, I have to say Canada is my favourite country but I also love Northern Ireland where my father was born. It is also a beautiful country and the people there are so friendly and warm.
10. What is your vice?
My vice would have to be the fact that I can be overly sensitive! I feel that I am always a ‘work in progress’! I do find that as I age I become more determined and stronger as a person.
11. What is your most important trait?
The most important trait I have that has carried me through life is optimism and faith. I have always been so grateful for these two characteristics that have been ingrained in me.
Here are 11 facts about me!!
- I was born in Southern Ontario, Canada
- I am the mother of one daughter and two sons
- I am the grandmother of seven grandchildren, two little boys and three little girls
- I was raised as a Presbyterian (Religion)
- I am living on my own.
- I returned to school at age 45 years old to become a Reg. Practical Nurse
- I am always determined to become a better person, physically and emotionally
- I am a people person. I’m always so much happier to be out and about.
- I love animals and birds. Just love to hear the birds singing
- I dislike secrets or dishonest people
- I believe in God and thank Him every night for all my blessings
Here are my Nominees!!
- gc; “Your Nibbled News”, who has inspired me and helped me get started writing my blog. His imagination and wit are just wonderful and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him.
- Amanda Ricks, “Following My Voice”, who has also inspired me. Her blogs are fascinating and her encouragement priceless.
- Susan Reed, “Focal Breeze”. She is a wonderful and talented blogger and I always enjoy reading her posts.
- Ron Gutzman, “Progressing Into Solitude”. His photos and his blogs are amazing.
- Judy Dykstra-Brown, “lifelessons”. Judy has the most interesting blogs and beautiful poems along with very wonderful photos.
- The Lonely Author; his poems and his stories are wonderful. I especially love the poems.
- Samparthiban; “Lifestyleofindians”; her blogs are both inspiring and interesting to read.
- Angelaappleby, “Sacrificial Chain Breaker”; her blogs are also wonderful and I have enjoyed reading them.
- Julia Light, “Writing With Light”, a gorgeous blog and wonderful message.
- Natalies Lovely Blog; “The Girl In The Black Dress”, a very talented blogger with wonderful photos.
Angloswiss; “The Cat Chronicles“, Wonderful photos and a very talented writer. I have enjoyed reading these blogs.
What I would like to ask them!!
- How long have you been blogging?
- Did someone inspire you and can you tell me who?
- What subject do you most like to write about?
- What part of the day do you find best for writing your blog?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger like myself?
- How often do you publish a new blog?
- What part of the world do you live in?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What would you tell us about your personality?
- What are your dislikes?
- What makes you smile?