Countless Thoughts Fill Our Minds

01-woman-thinking

“Our brains produce as many as 50,000 thoughts per day (National Science Foundation).”

Have you ever realized how many thoughts go through your mind in a 12 hour period?

This is especially the case when you are retired and living by yourself.  There is no one in the house to have that conversation with so your mind keeps processing and having that conversation within you head.  I’m sure some of you retired folks can relate!

Now with the wonderfully warm Spring weather here there are lots of jobs to be done inside and out and my mind has been doing a loop-de-loop with thoughts of what I need to do first.

springcleaning

Shall I work inside doing a Spring Cleaning, pulling old clothes out of my closet to donate, ridding the house of unwanted and unneeded items that have cluttered the cupboard or closet far too long now.

realm-clipart-children-planting-flowers-clip-artwater-garden-stock-illustrations-wzniatxt

Now the flower plants and bags of black soil have been purchased.  They are sitting on the patio waiting to be planted into a fancy pot to beautify the area with all their colour and hopefully unique arrangements with imagination.

Yes, these are just simple decisions to be made in the day of this retired lady.  They don’t seem very life-changing or urgent!

What are your ongoing thoughts and decisions throughout your day?  Will they be life altering thoughts or something simple as mine will be?

5TRKn5Bqc

How amazing our minds are when we think about it; and no pun intended!!  How fortunate we are when we do have a productive and healthy mind.  No matter what we ask our minds to do what to decide and what to produce for us, we can be so grateful to have the opportunity to process thoughts!

cartoonmeditation

I hope I will always be able to say,  “I’ve had so many decisions to make today!”.

Photos courtesy of Google Search

1. thesmilingpilgrim says:

Haha I love the pictures with this 🙂 Glad that the word of the day prompt brought me here :)!

Lol, thank you!! The pictures say it all, lol!!! We just have to laugh; it’s so good for us! Thanks for visiting. 🙂

2. 😀 I’m thinking about thinking, for that – I thank you. We even take that granted – thinking. Who would have thought?. xo

Lol!! That is so funny Claire! You’ve made me laugh! Thanks for visiting! 🙂

1. Well worth the visit 😉 Glad you had a chuckle. Nothing beats laughter 🙂

3. gc says:

Bravo. A humorous and informative article Pat. Keep up the great work. Enjoy the day. 🙂

LOL, thank you Gerry. We can’t take life too seriously! Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. Have a great day! 🙂

4. On an average day, the average person has about 50,000 thoughts run through their mind like you said:) 95% of those thoughts were the same thoughts they had the day before though. it’s important to make conscious decisions that move you forward, and not act out of habit. like you said “I’ve had so many decisions to make today!” let’s make good decisions, great post:)

Yes, isn’t it true that our thoughts repeat so often. We have so many conversations with ourselves throughout the day. Let’s make them positive. Thank you for your kind comments. 🙂

1. agreed:) and no problem:)