People’s Circus At Costco

parking-lot-fight

“I was just doing some shopping”, the real estate agent told CBC new, “and all of a sudden there was a lot of yelling and screaming”.  “The participants moved their cars”, he said, “and then they came back to the middle of the parking lot and started again.  It wasn’t long before they started whaling on each other”.  quoted a bystander.

How very sad it was to see this account of what happened in a parking lot of a Costco store in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.  This has been a lead story on the news here this morning and how disturbing and senseless it was.

What is happening to our society when the normally decent person decides to have a fist fight in the middle of a parking lot. A dispute over a parking space!

There are many stories on the news about road rage;  people will get out of their cars and want to fight each other in the streets.  Some have been shot and killed.  So senseless, just so wrong!

What can we as a society do to change this course of violence and this uncertain time in our lives?  Should the penalties be more strict?  Should the judges come down hard on these individuals?

This is a ‘Circus of People’ in my mind and our society has gone crazy!  What is the answer?

What is causing all this violence in our society today?  Is it the Media, Television Violence, Movies, Video Games?

aid98046-728px-Get-Along-with-Others-Well-Step-19

We have to take it seriously and address this problem.  We can teach our children to solve problems in a peaceful way, but what about the adults?

Common-Denominator-Get-Along

Positive, peaceful, intelligent minds have to prevail if we are to succeed and I have every faith that good will overcome.  We can only have hope!

Strategies-and-Techniques-to-Get-Along-Well-with-People

Photos courtesy of: Google Search

1. Singledust says:

i like that you touched on this subject, its happening even where i live and it really makes me sad and mad at the same time. reading about that incident in Mississauga hurts more because i lived there once and i experienced some really friendly people. i feel more and more people think themselves just too important than others and this is the result. but i know there are still kind and loving folk out there just by reading your post, i know they exist…..thanks Patricia!

I feel the same Gina. Sad but angry about the senseless violence. You’re always so kind. 🙂

2. Catherine says:

I saw two people fighting at iHop last month. One of the fighters was an employee! It’s senseless.

Just so unnecessary. Thank you Catherine. 🙂

3. Ron says:

I always park as far away as I can just for this reason. Never seen anyone upset because I took the hot spot at the end of the parking lot. Sometime I watch cars circle the parking lot for the close spot or just settle in to use the handicap spot. I will say I Hate all people who think they need to use handicap because they are to lazy to walk.

Liked by 2 people

I agree with you Ron. I like to park farther away too. The walk is not far! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

1. Julie says:

Most people could use the walk.

Yes, lol, I agree Julie!

4. The DementED says:

Thank you for your comment in my blog and for the follow. I could see you have well-written articles in yours. Interesting and on point. Im taking up psychology so these behaviors are quiet interesting for me, at the same time saddening. Keep it up! 😀

Your articles and display are wonderful. Psychology is very challenging but at the same time fascinating. All good luck to you. Thank you also for your kind words. Writing is new for me. Have a great day! 🙂

1. The DementED says:

Awwe. Thank you very much! Writing is a form of release for me, that’s why most of my post are dark in nature. And yes, what you said about psychology is true.
        You’re doing a great job for a new writer, btw. Looking forward to seeing more articles. Have a great day as well! 🙂