You Raise Me Up So I Can Climb On Mountains

(You Raise Me Up…..Sung by Paul Byrom with the group, Celtic Thunder in 2010.)

“You raise me up so I can walk on Mountains

You raise me up to walk on stormy seas

I am strong when I am on your shoulder

You raise me up to more than I can be!” written by Secret Garden‘s Rolf Løvland

I truly love this wonderful inspirational song that was written in the year, 2002 and has been recorded by over 100 other artists.

The words are so true that when we are down and very weary from life’s problems there comes one amazing friend to lift us up.  I can honestly admit that I have been so very fortunate to have had and continue to have such a friend.  Oh how lucky am I?

Many times our friends work so hard to reassure us, to be there for us, to give their all!  Many times they give so much that they drain themselves and then they in turn need some reinforcement.  These wonderful friends can be few and far-between so we must cherish them.

There are also times when we draw strength from these friends and forget that they as well have burdens; that they are becoming depleted of their strength.  They are facing problems that they don’t speak of in order to keep us comforted and strong.  Hopefully we will recognize this and turn around to lift them up.

True friendship is a ‘give and take’ opportunity. True and close friendship is such a gift.

I pray that my friend knows that their strength means the world to me and will always be returned whenever it is needed.

“You raise me up so I can stand on mountains”!  My friend, you have!

Photos courtesy of Google Search and YouTube.

1. Laurie says:

Beautiful song. A new cantor sang this recently at mass. It was wonderful to hear this song.

I do love this song too Laurie. Thank you and have a wonderful evening. 🙂

1. Laurie says:

The best to you too Patricia, thank you 🙂

2. theaustraliansojourner says:

Just so you know your like button doesn’t work. It just says: loading… and stays that way. Which means people can’t press like to like your blog.

Yes, thank you. I have been trying to change that but nothing works. It is working on today’s blog, thankfully. I appreciate you letting me know this. 🙂

1. theaustraliansojourner says:

I tried it on today’s blog it does the same thing loading… I only managed to comment by clicking on comments someone else made at the very bottom. Maybe go to WordPress support or forum. I have tried to like things on your blog on other days but gave up. Still I do look. Hope you get it sorted out.

Oh, thank you. I didn’t know it wasn’t working today. I will go to WordPress Support. Thanks so much. 🙂