Simplicity Is A Gift To Yourself

GARDEN_OF_SIMPLICITY_386_X_486

I have to admit that I love reading quotes.  Quotes of Inspiration, Positivity, Love, Life, and Success.

Life can throw so many difficult experiences and challenges at us so if we don’t have a sense of appreciating simplicity,  we may find that we are always anxious and dissatisfied!  We could find ourselves forever worrying or stressing to attain something and yet wondering what is it that we want and need to be happy with ourselves.  Some people stress so much on a daily basis, trying to find their ‘goal achieved’, or ‘a feeling of completeness’, ‘peace of mind’, that never comes.

What goal is going to bring us this inner peace and pride of achievement?  What goal is going to cause us to feel and be ‘complete’?  What will it take?  Is it worth all the stress and will we ever be happy if we keep reaching and never take that very needed moment to stop and think, “why am I stressing so much and trying to hard to find completeness in some – thing?”  That ‘thing’ might already be there right in front of you, in your life, but you are trying so hard to find it that you cannot see it!

Life Lessons, as I call them, are the best lessons we can have.  Unfortunately, life lessons seem to be reflected on and appreciate when we are older and definitely not at the time they are happening.

Simplicity

I do wish that I’d kept a journal of my daily life moments, which I did not.  Now, today and this year, my blogs are my present journal to express thoughts of old, new experiences, plus express ‘just thoughts’ about life in general and how much I enjoy writing and sharing these thoughts.

Life cannot be all about simplicity, nor should it be.  If life were simple, we humans would be so bored and so complacent with our lives that there would never be any progress.  Fortunately there are millions of people, who each day, go out and discover, work, and develop new products, new ideas, scientific accomplishments, cures and many other wonderful advances for humankind.

Along with enjoying the simple side of life, as a senior, I continue to be a productive person and hope to be for a very long time.

There is a time for sweet simplicity and there is a time for productivity.   It has to be a balance for most of us.  To know when and how to separate the two.  To give yourself some peaceful moments, to regenerate, to allow your mind and body to gain fuel for the moments when you want to be productive as well as being healthy in mind and body.

images

Take a few moments to ‘smell the roses’; to appreciate what you have accomplished rather than what you have not!

Photos courtesy of Google Search

1. cwaugh212 says:

Sweet and simple. Enjoyed by another oldie. Thanks.

LOL…thank you for visiting and your kind comments. 🙂

2. gc says:

Hello there.

3. gc says:

The like button is working just fine. I can even make comments now. Yippee.HAHA 🙂

Thank you for checking it out for me Gerry!! Good job! 🙂

4. Life is what we make of it. I believe that with all my heart. If we constantly focus on what we want, or what could be, instead of what is, what we have, we will be forever striving for that happiness, that truthfully may never come. But to have Joy? There is a difference. Happiness is an emotion, from an event in our lives, whether good or bad. Joy is an inner peace, that no matter the circumstance, it never waivers.
    I want to be productive, and live a life of simplicity at the same time. I am doing it. I am happy with what I have, where I am, and where life is taking me. If more comes my way, I am waiting with open arms. Until then, I am full of Joy! Great post!!

Thank you so much SnoSouthernLife! You have said it so well! There are so many who never realize this! 🙂

5. Lola says:

For me, your words and images are lovely reminder to be present in our daily lives, moment to moment. A reminder that I can benefit from as often as possible!

Thank you Lola. I too, have to remind myself so often to stop worrying and enjoy the simple things in life that are right in front of me. You have a wonderful day! 🙂