Value Yourself : Just Trust

001-valuing-yourself-is-the-key

Recently an acquaintance of mine told me that “I needed to learn to trust myself”!  Trust myself??  The question in my mind was; what does he mean, trust myself?

Throughout my life when there were challenges, I felt that I handled them well and that I can be a fighter.  Face whatever comes my way and while growing up there were many challenges typical of most people.  So why did my friend tell me that I needed to trust myself?

I began to look, of course, on Google, for some psychological writings about trusting one’s self and self-esteem  This is what I have learned:

“Everyone in your life has the potential of betraying you,”  Cynthia Wall, LCSW

They may leave you.  They may pass away.  They may make rude comments. They may cheat.  They may lie and disappoint you in many different ways.  In society we cannot count of anyone 100% of the time, but this doesn’t mean that we should isolate ourselves or harden our hearts.

know_your_value

Try to be aware of your thoughts and feelings and express them.  Follow your personal standards and ethical code. Know when you care for yourself first!  Know that you can survive mistakes and get up and try again!

Try to avoid the ‘dream-smashers and naysayers’! Keep promises you’ve made to yourself such as going for a walk or going to a concert, etc.  Follow through on these promises that you’ve made.

We all have these defeating voices in our head and when we make a mistake we call ourselves demeaning names bashing ourselves.  Sometimes these names were thrown at us from our parents or former teachers.  Being understanding toward yourself when you make a mistake can help you be understanding with others when they do the same.

sunshine-quote

Trusting yourself does not mean that you are looking to be perfect.  We won’t always make the right decision or say the right thing.

Trusting and valuing yourself just means that in spite of slip-ups we can forgive ourselves and realize that we can learn something and try again.  We ‘can’ be confident and most of all we ‘can be kind to ourselves’.

1. Living in the moment, whatever that might represent in your reality is the best way to tackle life. That’s as true as any of us can ever be

Thank you so much Amanda. 🙂

Hi Susie. Thank you for visiting and for your positive comment. 🙂

Thank you so much! 🙂

2. Nam H Nguyen says:

I’m not sure if I can trust your advice!
    You MAY be lying
    haha
    But on a more serious note, this is 100% correct.
    Great post 🙂

Nam you scared me there for a minute, lol!!! So glad you liked it ha ha ha!!! 🙂

3. shewrites170 says:

I trust myself alone. People are priced at pain and as a kaizen (google it) measure I have removed people perception from my life. People are critics not appreciators, increase self doubt. Connect with people at superficial level. Connect with yourself at deeper levels. When you need a shoulder, you are all you got. People are disappointed with God, we are still human.

Hi!! Thank you for writing to me. I have googled the word ‘kaizen’. We are human and we sometimes become disappointed with others, but please don’t give up on ‘all’ people. I won’t if you won’t! Again thank you my friend!! 🙂

1. shewrites170 says:

Maybe at some point of time, I might start trusting people but as of now, when I needed people most, I was all I got.

I can relate! You be well, be safe and be happy just for today!! One day at a time. xo

You have just inspired me to write my blog for today. You see, you are special and an inspiration. xoxo

1. shewrites170 says:

Glad to hear that. My day started with your compliment and now ending my day with the compliment of being inspiration and special that makes me special indeed
                Much love