Relax, Company Is Coming

16541428-christmas-rush-with-ginger-cookie-figures

I remember so well the Christmases past when there was so much panic within me to have everything perfect.

I wanted the house perfect, the food perfect, the gifts ready, etc., etc.

Oh I realize I am not alone in this; so many people feel the same.

Now that I’m older and retired, my life has slowed down considerably.

I no longer rush around, because my body won’t let me!! Β What gets done, gets done!

If I can pass anything on to the younger generations it is this;

Please don’t waste time worrying about having everything perfect.

Enjoy your children, your spouse, your home and the warmth and love of family members who come to your home at Christmastime.

They come to see you; not your house! Β They come to enjoy the fun of being together; not perfect gift wrapping, perfect cookies, or a spotless house!

I wish all of you a very loving, safe, healthy and happy season.

images

Photos courtesy of:

1. Thank you Patricia, have a blessed and relaxing Christmas and a very happy new year :o)

Yes and thank you so much!! You as well!!! πŸ™‚

2. thinkinkadia says:

Wishing you and your family a Really Merry Christmas!

Thank you so much and the same to you! πŸ™‚

3. Nice piece.. have a great christmas

Thank you. You also have a wonderful Christmas. πŸ™‚

4. veracitymama says:

Wise words, you write. Relax and enjoy the season!

Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

5. gc says:

A warm glass of egg nog sprinkled with a bit of nutmeg makes the season a whole lot better. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New year Pat. All the best to you for 2017. πŸ™‚

I agree Gerry! That egg nog is perfect! Thank you so much and you also have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!!

6. This is a wonderful message, Pat–I recall the years when my perfectionism in every area was a serious issue of bondage; I thought if I could make all the exterior perfect–my appearance, my work, my apartment, my projects–maybe no one would notice what a mess I was inside. I wasn’t fooling anyone. And guests (even family) don’t enjoy everything that says “holiday” if the hostess is so obviously stressed to the max. So I really hope all the women who need to hear, and relax, read your post! πŸ™‚ Have a blessed Christmas !

Thank you so much Stella!! Yes so many of us have gone through this. I am so grateful for your words. Merry Christmas to you. πŸŒ²πŸ˜ƒ

1. Most welcome–Merry, Merry (relaxed) Christmas!