Pure Joy

I love to babysit my two little grandsons, Charlie, 3 years old and Eddie, 13 months old.

I usually have them at my house one day a week and sometimes more often than that.

They are a challenge at times but most of the time I am just in awe of the conversations with little Charlie and the level of maturity of this little 3-year-old.

He told his grandfather today that he wants to be an Engineer and there is no doubt in my mind that he could just be that someday.

The funniest comment came from Charlie today when his grandfather was trying to persuade Charlie to eat his hot dog for lunch.  Grandpa said, “a lot of times I don’t even eat the hotdog with the bun.  I eat the hotdog by itself just like a banana”!  Charlies’ response to this was; “Grandpa, that’s not funny”!  Grandpa and Grandma looked at each other and laughed and laughed.

Grandchildren are such a joy!

They certainly exceed all expectations  and they are definitely a gift!

1. gc says:

Great post Pa. I bet you have as much fun playing with th kids as they do having you there with them. Glad to see you are blogging again. Keep up the great work. Enjoy the day. 🙂

Thank you Gerry! These little guys always make me smile. 😃

2. Such a lovely post with so cute pictures! Thanks for sharing.

3. Grandchildren are such a blessing they melt my heart, beautiful photos thank you for sharing….. 🌹🌹

Thank you so much for visiting. They are such a gift. Also they grow up so fast 😃

4. cwaugh212 says:

Grand-parenting is really a blessing. We get a great deal of fun and enjoyment without all of the daily grind required to raise the children in a responsible way. We already did our part with our own children.

Thank you! You are so right! 😃

5. ladybug165 says:

Cute grandchildren ! It’s great being a grandma ! I have 4 three from my oldest and a new little one ! So precious ! 😊

Aww, thank you! They are a gift! 😃